Saturday, May 12, 2012

Liverpool

The week in Liverpool was amazing. It was a lot of shopping, eating and of course, football. I saw the FA-cup final at a pub together with more than a hundred other Liverpool fans. The atmosphere in there was something special and when Carroll scored the second goal (the one that was disallowed) the beer flew high before we got it all over us.

Obviously the result wasn’t what we wanted. But we didn’t deserve more than second place because we only played well for the last thirty minutes. It was still really frustrating because we were so close, just a few inches. If the game had gone to extra time I think we had won because we played so well at the end of the game.

Andy Carroll played really well when he came in, and I can’t help but think that we would have won the game if he had played from the beginning. The only thing I wanted to change in the starting eleven was to play with Suarez and Carroll together at the top because it’s not enough with one striker.

I didn’t see the FA-cup final live, but I saw the league game against Chelsea at Anfield. That game gave me all I could ask for and we played really well. The atmosphere was amazing and I sat quite near the Kop, so I didn’t hear the few Chelsea fans at the other side of the stadium. It felt so god to sing the “fuck off Chelsea FC, you ain’t got no history” song.



When halftime came we had a 3-0 lead and it felt like the victory was ours. But in the beginning of the second half Chelsea got a goal and we didn’t play well. After 10-15 minutes we were back and when Shelvey scored the fourth goal I knew the win was ours, and so did everybody else in the stadium.

It was an amazing night. Not just because of the result but because of everything. The rivalry, the atmosphere, the weather, the late kick-off, the mistakes by John Terry and the great goals. I definitely think it was one of our best games this season, especially in the league. It gives a lot of hope for the next season and I can’t wait for it to come. But first, the European Cup and the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment