Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Way Back

Earlier today I was at a lecture and the lecturer was Joakim Öwre, a man who became paralyzed after a snowboard accident in 2001. Since then he has worked really hard to get back and now he can walk without any help and he has also been snowboarding short distances on his own.

After the accident he lay in a coma for four months before he woke up, and when he did he couldn’t move because his body didn’t listen to him. It has been a long way back but he hasn’t given up because he is a really strong and determined man. If I had just a tenth of his strength and determination I would get very far.

He is a true source of inspiration and when I heard him talk about his story I felt that I want to be better than I am, I want to see things in a more positive way and live in the present. I don’t only want it, I need it to enjoy the life, and that is another thing I have thought about after the lecture, that the life is very precious and wonderful.

If you want to know more about him and read about his amazing story you can go to his website http://backflip.se/svenska/Start.html.


No comments:

Post a Comment